Scenery for the Sound of Music


Over the past few Sundays I've been painting the scenery for the school production of 'The Sound of Music' which takes place this Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.  This is the 10th production that I've painted and the most enjoyable to date, but unfortunately the first one that I've remembered to document! The first few slides show the flats that I was greeted with.  These are basically  bits from other productions by other organisations.  First job is to paint an even colour over and then set to with charcoal.  
My favourite parts have to be drawing out the mountains with a huge piece of garden cane with charcoal taped to the end and the two concave shelved in the convent.  I'll hopefully post some images when it's been lit... then it really begins to come to life.  
Dan.